I made my first piece of clothing – a Valentine’s Day dress for Nora! The whole project was quite comical, to say the least. The final dress, from a distance, looks pretty good:
It’s when you look up close, or turn it inside out, that you see all of the problem areas! 🙂 I got the Quick Sew dress pattern from Hancock Fabric and directions were just okay (I’ll blame it on the directions, not my lack of experience or sewing skills 🙂 ).
I’m just used to Amy Butler patterns, where the instructions are very detailed and very good. So let’s just say that the seam ripper was my friend/enemy during this project. 🙂
Here is a close up of the zipper which looks horrible, especially at the top:
Luckily it works, though. Here is an even closer look at my nice, straight stitch next to the zipper…
Haha! It’s honestly so bad. The zipper was so much harder than I thought it would be! I definitely need to practice.
Then here is a picture of the seam that runs right down the front of the bottom part of the dress:
That seam is not supposed to be there! I missed the instructions to “cut on the fold” and I didn’t have extra material to cut a new piece. Luckily the fabric pattern and pleats hide the seam. Another lesson learned! 🙂
I think it will be a while before I do another dress. Instead I’m going to work on some skirts, which are a little easier and less time consuming.