Wood Lockers – More Progress!

Matt and I finally started to paint/stain the wood lockers that he made last December (Yikes! Has it really been that long!?!). In case you missed it, this is what they looked like in the woodshop:

Then here is one completed locker in our garage (again, I wish we had room to put them in our house!):

(Ignore the red stain we were testing out.)

And here is where we are at today:

Progress huh!?! I knew staining them would be a lot of work, but I didn’t realize quite how much. Matt had to take the lockers apart, take off all of the hardware, fill the nail holes, sand everything and then finally spray them. Lucky for me, Matt did almost all of it. 🙂 To my credit, I’ve been a little busy taking care of a newborn. We ended up using Cabot Solid Color Acrylic Siding Stain in the color Arboretum:

This was a perfect stain for us because it was reasonably priced and we only needed to apply one coat – no primer or anything. It also came in a color I liked, unlike some of the other paints/stains we looked at. We sprayed it on, which was a lot easier than using a brush – especially when you have cheap child labor:

🙂

Matt is hoping to get the doors, drawers and handles on this weekend and then this project will finally be done! Final pics to come….

Advertisements
This entry was posted in DIY, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s